Family. We all have one. Some may want another one, but they make us who we are. ...
Families are bound by blood.
- creating relationships where they really shouldn’t exist
- forming alliances amongst enemies
- allowing for forgiveness in the midst of incredible pain
Families share spaces.
Families share moments.
Families help each other.
- Don't adjust your family around activities, adjust your activities around the family, church family included.
- If your church is large with many gathering times - commit to one. Seriously just pick one! If you bounce around its hard, if not impossible, to be part of the family.
- Get to know SOMEONE in your church! Not everyone, just someone. Connect with another family, couple, or single in your church and just hang out. If you can't figure out what to do, try cooking and eating (everyone loves to eat).
- Take the classes. Your church has some sort of plan for assimilation, but it only works if you engage in it. You may think you know everything and you probably do, but...TAKE THE CLASSES ANYWAY!
- Find a way to be needed and serve somewhere in your church. They need the help. TRUST ME!